The Insomnia Effect
Insomnia is a condition in which a person has difficulty falling asleep and/or staying asleep. It's something that might not seem like a big deal in the short-term, but over time, insomnia can really cause some serious challenges in your life. Plus, it could be caused by an underlying condition that requires treatment.
Do you think you're suffering from insomnia?
Take a look at this list of symptoms to see if any of them look familiar:
- Taking a long time to fall asleep
- Waking up too early and being unable to fall back asleep
- Waking up multiple times during the night
- Still feeling tired after a night's sleep
- Difficulty paying attention and focusing
- Memory problems
- Increased errors or accidents
- Depression or anxiety
If any of these symptoms sound familiar, you should see a doctor to discuss your sleep patterns. Insomnia is a serious issue, but many people shrug it off as something they simply can't avoid. However, there are often underlying causes (some serious and some less so) that can be treated to reduce the effects of insomnia. Some of the possible causes of insomnia include:
- A difficult work or travel schedule
- Eating too much late at night
- Sleeping in an uncomfortable environment
- Exposure to artificial light
- Stimulating activities before bed
- Ingesting too much alcohol, nicotine or caffeine
- Medication side effects
- Mental health disorders, such as post-traumatic stress disorder or depression
- Medical conditions, such as heart disease, asthma, diabetes or chronic pain
- Sleep disorders, such as restless leg syndrome or sleep apnea
Your doctor can help you determine what's causing your insomnia. If you suffer from sleep apnea, CPAP treatment may be able to relieve the symptoms of your insomnia. Respshop offers an excellent selection of high-quality and affordable CPAP machines, masks and accessories for sleep apnea treatment.