If you have any questions or concerns regarding your insurance provider, please don't hesitate to reach out to us for assistance.
CPAP machines, masks, humidifiers, oxygen concentrators, including stationary and portable, and all related parts are classified as Durable Medical Equipment
(DME) by insurance companies. Medicare and most health insurance companies may reimburse you for
CPAP equipment, supplies, and other durable medical equipment purchased from RespShop.
We strongly recommend that you contact your insurance company before making a purchase. Insurance policies vary considerably, and it's best to understand your financial obligations upfront. Contacting your insurance company before buying also enables you to determine if there are specific documentation requirements that must be met when submitting your claim for reimbursement. For instance, some companies may require both your invoice and a copy of your prescription.
Your policy may only cover a certain percentage of the cost or require a co-pay amount. For example, Medicare typically covers 80% of CPAP equipment, and you are responsible for the remaining 20%.
Out of pocket purchasing often makes the most sense. Some policies have high deductibles that must be met before any eligibility for reimbursement. In those cases, you can make an informed decision about whether paying out of pocket or filing an insurance claim is the smartest financial decision for you. People with a high deductible or a high co-pay obligation often find that paying out of pocket for CPAP equipment is the most cost-effective and friction-free approach.