AirFit F30i Full Face CPAP Mask by ResMed
The AirFit F30i Full Face Mask is ResMed’s full face mask entry into their line of top-of-the-head CPAP masks. With an open-faced frame design and a contoured, minimal contact facial cushion, the AirFit F30i is designed for all sleeping positions and negates claustrophobia concerns commonly associated with full face masks.
The ResMed AirFit F30i weighs very little for a full face mask and comprises of only a few components. Like the ResMed AirFit F30, the F30i features a minimalist full face cushion that covers the mouth and rests under the nose, leaving the bridge of the nose exposed. This cushion design sets the F30i apart from traditional full face masks that puts pressure on the nasal bridge. Full face mask users who struggle with tenderness on the nasal bridge will find the AirFit F30i a welcome change.
The AirFit F30i's lack of a forehead support, minimalist full face cushion design, and soft flexible frame reduce bulk on the front of the face and minimizes feelings of claustrophobia. With the AirFit F30i, full face CPAP mask users can now wear glasses, read or watch TV like their nasal mask wearing counterparts.
Designed for Active Sleepers
The F30i full face cushion is designed to deliver stable performance and a fit that endures all night long, regardless of sleeping position. ResMed's innovative InfinitySeal technology ensures a superior seal even at high CPAP pressures. This prevents blowouts that can drastically affect therapy effectiveness.
Users can feel free to sleep in any position–back, sides or stomach–with the innovative F30i full face mask. The mask's top-of-the-head tube connection reduces tubing drag that is not only uncomfortable but can also disrupt mask seal. Additionally, the 360° rotating swivel elbow gives the user a greater range of motion, allowing them to turn from side to side without creating tension along the CPAP circuit.
Simple and Intuitive Fit
Designed with comfort and simplicity in mind, the AirFit F30i Full Face Mask slips on over the head with ease. Magnetic clips help guide the headgear to the cushion, and four points of attachment on the headgear let you customize the mask for the best fit.
The quick release elbow allows users to easily disconnect and reconnect the mask from the tubing without having to remove the entire mask. Disconnecting the mask can easily done with just one hand - simply pinch the side buttons on the elbow and gently pull it away from the tubing. Reconnecting the mask to the tubing is as straightforward as aligning the elbow with the tubing connector and pushing them together until they click into place.
The ResMed AirFit F30i is an innovative full face mask that sets itself apart with its under-the-nose-cushion, top-of-the-head hose connection and open field of vision. In our ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask Deep Review, we share our experience using this mask and compare it to the extremely similar DreamWear Full Face Mask.
According to ResMed, CPAP masks with magnets should be kept at least 6 inches (150 mm) away from any implants or medical devices that could be negatively impacted by magnetic fields. Failure to do so can lead to malfunction of the implant/medical device. Learn more about the ResMed CPAP Masks with Magnets Safety Update.
Mask Composition Information
- The ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask is latex-free and does not contain PVC or phthalates, such as DEHP, DBP, or BBP.
- This mask contains magnets. Please consult your healthcare provider before use if you have a medical implant, such as a pacemaker, defibrillator, etc., or if you have any metal objects in your body.
How does the AirFit F30i cushion work?
The AirFit F30i cushion sits under the nose and has two openings to allow airflow into the nostrils. A properly sized cushion will not occlude the nostrils. If you feel there is not enough airflow into your nose, try a larger or wider cushion size.
What sizes does the AirFit F30i come in?
The AirFit F30i comes in three sizes for the frame (Small, Standard/Medium, and Large), and four sizes for the cushion (Small, Medium, Small–Wide, and Wide).
How do I determine my AirFit F30i cushion size?
The F30i cushion size is determined by the length and width of your nose. ResMed has a fitting guide to help you select your best cushion size. Print the guide out and place it under your nose.
The outer edge of your nose should rest on the darker band in the center of each color. If the outer edge of your nose sits beyond the band, size up to the next largest cushion.
How do I determine my AirFit F30i frame size?
You can use a tape measure to help you determine your best fitting F30i frame size. Please see the AirFit F30i Frame Sizing Guide for details.
Can the AirFit F30i Full Face Mask be used with any CPAP machine?
The AirFit F30i Full Face Mask is compatible with all CPAP machines except for the ResMed AirMini Travel CPAP.
How do I fit the AirFit F30i Full Face Mask?
- Hold the cushion over the mouth with one hand. The top part of the cushion should rest under your nose.
- Pull the headgear and frame over the head with your other hand.
- While holding the cushion in place, attach the lower headgear straps to the cushion via the magnetic clips.
- Adjust the upper and lower headgear straps as needed for a secure fit, making sure to avoid overtightening the mask. You should be able to slide one finger under each strap.
How do I clean the AirFit F30i Full Face Mask?
Weekly: headgear, frame, and elbow
- Disassemble the mask and soak all parts in warm soapy water. Please use a mild detergent free from alcohol, bleach, antibacterial agents or moisturizers.
- Use a soft bristle brush to remove debris at the vent holes.
- Rinse all parts thoroughly under running water.
- Air dry all parts away from direct sunlight. Squeeze the headgear to remove excess water before laying it flat to air dry.
How do I adjust the fit of the AirFit F30i Full Face Mask?
- Adjust the top straps for leaks under the nose.
- Adjust the bottom straps for leaks around the mouth.
- Pull the cushion away from the nose and mouth and reseat it to improve mask seal.
- If leaks persist despite adjusting the headgear and cushion, try a different size cushion or frame.
Note: Airflow from the vents on the front of the cushion and elbow connector is normal. Do not mistake this for a leak. Do not cover these vent ports or you risk rebreathing carbon dioxide.
Can I wear the AirFit F30i if I have facial hair?
The AirFit F30i CPAP mask provides an adequate seal with facial hair, but the thickness and distribution of your facial hair will affect the seal. Keeping your facial hair trimmed and well-groomed will improve mask seal.