DreamWear Nasal Mask With Headgear by Respironics
The DreamWear Nasal Mask by Philips Respironics is a completely re-imagined mask that harbors new innovations making this a surefire 2019 CPAP Mask favorite. With the tube on top of the head and the cushion that sits just below the nose this makes for a very comfortable and minimalist mask design. So if you have sleep apnea and have been prescribed masks, check out the DreamWear line of unique cpap masks as you may find this one of the best nasal masks for your needs.
Minimalist Cpap Mask Design
One of the key features of the DreamWear sleep apnea mask line is that it uses a very simplistic design. The Dreamwear nasal cushion cradles comfortably under the nose and seals both nostrils unlike a traditional mask which requires the coverage of the entire nose without a forehead support or need to have your entire nose covered it gives way to preventing irritation and discomfort or alleviating it to a tolerable minimum. Say goodbye to bridge of the nose irritation that you're used to experiencing with the previous cpap masks on the market. Best of all, an open line of sight makes for reading a book or watching the TV a breeze before bed. This mask is truly a win-win.
DreamWear Nasal Cushion
The Soft Silicone Cushion sits just below the nostrils allowing air to flow in comfortably and comes in multiple sized. There are no prongs that go in the nose like the pillows, the nasal cushion just cradles your nose in comfort with soft silicone.
It is well known that finding a mask for CPAP therapy is often the most daunting task however, luckily with so many options available, this mask will fit a wide range of users. The DreamWear Nasal cushions come in Small, Medium, Medium Wide and Large.
The DreamWear frame is a soft silicone tube frame, the air flows through it and into the Dreamwear nasal cushion. This frame accommodates any sleeper with the intention on achieving the perfect seal and maintain sufficient airflow throughout the process. You don't have to worry about favoring one side or the other as there is no diminished performance as the entire airflow from the machine to mask will be directed to the other side that is not being laid on.
Worried about skin irritation or your current mask creates marks discomfort or irritation on your face? Respironics has you covered with their soft cpap Fabric Wraps that come with the Fit Pack or can be purchased separately. You will want to have a couple of these because they are so comfortable and prevents red marks discomfort.
Dreamwear Cushion vs Dreamwear Pillows
Due to the DreamWear Unique Design, you can use either the Nasal Cushion OR the Nasal Pillow. The DreamWear cushion cradles itself just under your nose providing an even airflow through both nostrils. So if you tend to get irritation in the nostrils when using CPAP Nasal Pillows you may prefer the cushion. If you decide you prefer the cpap pillows mask, you can just purchase the pillows since you can use both the DreamWear Cushion AND the DreamWear Pillows in the frame since the DreamWear Masks are interchangeable *except for the DreamWear Full Face Mask.
Top of the Head Cpap Tube
Since the DreamWear cpap hose connects on top of the head rather than in front of the face which allows the CPAP tube to be positioned above your head while you sleep rather than in front of you. The end result creates less drag and tug giving you greater flexibility to move around without the loss of seal. So if you are a side sleeper or stomach sleeper this mask will accommodate everyone.
- Hose sits on top of head for easy movement
- Fit Pack for easy fit and comes with Medium Frame
- Open line of view
- Simplistic Design
- Innovative Frame
- Cradle Cushion
- Multiple Size Options
- You have 30 Days to try it
Mask Frame size
- Small Frame length: 19 in.
- Medium Frame length: 20 in.
- Large Frame length: 22 in.
Mask Material List
- Cushion: Silicone Polycarbonate
- Frame: Silicone Polycarbonate
- Elbow: Polycarbonate
- Tubing Quick Release: Polycarbonate
- Headgear: Polyurethane Foam, nylon/Spandex
- Fabric Wraps: Polyester/Spandex
How should I clean my DreamWear?
- It is quite simple to clean the DreamWear and just like any other mask it should be cleaned daily. By using warm water and mild soap(minus the anti-bacterial) you will prolong the overall lifespan of these parts. Rinsing and air drying is normally the best recommendation. As for the headgear it is best to follow suit however you are fine to wash it at the end of the week.
How to locate my size I am using?
- The DreamWear comprises of two pieces: the cushion and the frame. The cushion size can be found on the front of the cushion next to the arrow in which indicates the direction the cushion should be connected to the frame. Coming in four different sizes: Small, Medium, Medium Wide, and Large you will be sure to find the best fit for you. Determining the frame is simple as well, it is located right behind the elbow connection of the frame and comes in Small, Medium and Large so in theory this will fit any shape head.
Does this mask come with a short tube?
- No. The mask comes with an elbow but no short tube.
What is the size of the frame included in the FitPack?
- The FitPack includes a Medium-sized frame. If you want a small or large frame, you have to purchase it separately.