ResMed N30i Nasal Mask
The ResMed AirFit N30i nasal mask features a top-of-the-head tube design that gives you the freedom to sleep in many positions. The nasal cradle cushion sits comfortably under the nose rather than over the nasal bridge. This mask is great for active sleepers. Sleep in any position with the freedom of movement you get from the N30i!
*Starter Pack includes the Frame and 3 size cushions, small, medium, and small wide; the cushions are interchangeable with the frame.
AirFit N30i Frame
The AirFit N30i frame has a self-adjusting SpringFit design that allows for a comfortable and snug fit, so your mask does not move around while you sleep. It is easy to adjust the headgear on the side of the frame. The AirFit frame can use any size N30i Nasal cushion or the AirFit Pillow cushion. The Airfit Full Face cushion is not compatible with this frame.
The curved nasal cushion is designed to sit just under the nostrils for a perfect seal and is made of soft silicone. The cushion comes in 4 sizes: Small, Small Wide, Medium, and Wide.
Over the Head Hose
This mask also has a tube on the top of the head with a 360-degree swivel which makes this mask comfortable to use in bed, while leaving your field of view unobstructed and your bed partner happy as well!
Standard - The Standard Starter Pack comes with the standard mask frame size. Most users will prefer this size frame regardless of their cushion size.
Small - The Small Starter Pack comes with the small mask frame size for users with smaller head sizes.
Both size starter pack come with Small, Medium, and Small-Wide Cushion.
*Tip: adjust the headgear to make the mask fit you best.
For a more specific guide to select a frame size, please refer to the video "ResMed AirFit N30i - Selecting a frame size" in this product image carousel.
- Stable Fit: Self-adjusting SpringFit frame is quick to fit and stays comfortably in place all night, even when users move in their sleep.
- Flexible movement and connection: Simple quick-release elbow for easy connection and disconnection at night, and 360o rotation for greater freedom of movement.
- Built-in comfort: Soft, integrated sleeves complement the streamlined mask profile and create a softer, more comfortable experience.
- Fast and accurate fitting: A snugly fitting frame and cleverly designed cushion deliver support and stability with a light touch.
- Supportive chassis: The integrated chassis provides additional support for front and side loads, allowing for a stable fit even for active sleepers.
- Unobtrusive under-the-nose design: Nasal cradle cushion sits below the nose, softening user's perception of therapy while providing effective therapy and a stable seal.
- Septum bridge membrane: Intuitive fit and provides a stable seal all the way to the tip of the nose through the night.
- Curved cushion design: The curved cushion design cradles the shape of the nose and smoothly transitions from the thicker side walls for added stability, to a thinner soft center giving comfort where it's needed most.
*The AirFit N30i Nasal CPAP mask is not compatible with the AirMini Auto CPAP machine. It is compatible with all other CPAP devices.
Instructions on how to choose your ResMed AirFit N30i Nasal mask:
- If you are male, start with the standard frame size. If you are female, start with the small frame size.
- If you try the standard size first, and the frame sits too close to your ears, size down to the small frame for a better fit.
- If the frame is too large, try the small size frame for a better fit.
- If you try the small frame first and the frame sits too close to your eyes, size up to the standard frame for a better fit.
- If the frame is too small, try the standard size frame for a more comfortable fit.
How to use the fitting template:
1. Please ensure the template is printed to scale
2. Cut out along the dotted line
3. Refer to the diagram on the template to determine appropriate
4. Place the template below your nose perpendicular to your face.
Narrow nose: start with the blue/red side of the template
Wide nose: start with the black/purple side of the template
5. If your nose falls inside or outside the margins on the template or
between two sizes, choose the large one.
6. Select appropriate cushion for your starter pack (standard or
small) if your nose size is S (red) or M (blue) and SW (purple). If
your nose is W (black), you'll need to order the cushion separately.
The standard and small starter pack come with three cushion sizes:
S, M, and L. Standard starter pack also comes with standard
frame; small starter pack also comes with small frame.
Small = Up to 1.42 in; Up to 36 mm
Medium = 1.42 to 1.83 in; 36 - 46.5 mm
Small Wide = 1.83 - 1.93 in; 46.5 - 49 mm
Wide = 1.93 - 2.36 in; 49 - 60 mm
- Standard Frame System
- Cushions (S, M, Small-Wide) *63813, 63811, 63810
- User Instructions
- Sizing Gauge Template
Small Starter Pack *63801 or 63839
- Small Frame System
- Cushion (S, M, Small-Wide) *63813, 63811,63810
- Headgear 63814
- User Instructions
- Sizing Gauge Template
Standard Mask frame: 19.5 x .75 x .25 in
Cushion size Small: 3.5 ix 1.5 x 1.75 in
Cushion size Small-Wide: 3.75 x 1.25 x 1.35 in
Cushion size Medium: 3.5 x 1.5 x 2 in
- Use the provided template and your judgment to determine whether a patient has a narrow or wide nose.
- If the patient has a narrow nose, place the blue/red side of the template under their nose. If the patient has a wide nose, place the black/purple side of the template under their nose.
- Assess whether their nose falls inside or exceeds the width or length margins on the template to determine their cushion size.
- Select the matching cushion from those provided.
- Ensure you have all the mask components and parts together.
- Connect the elbow to the frame.
- Thread the left end of the headgear into the left side of the frame and fasten the tab.
- Thread the right end of the headgear into the right side of the frame and fasten the tab.
- Align the arrow on the cushion to the arrow on the frame and connect together.
- Connect the remaining end of the cushion and frame together with the ResMed logo facing the right way up through the headgear.
Weekly Mask cleaning:
- Disassemble the mask into its components as per disassembly instructions.
- Soak each of the components (headgear, elbow and frame) in warm water and a mild liquid detergent.
- Clean the elbow and frame with a soft bristle brush and the headgear with your hands.
- Rinse each of the components thoroughly under running tap water.
- Squeeze the headgear and the sleeves on the frame with a clean towel to remove excess water.
- Leave each of the components to air dry away from direct sunlight.
I have been thinking of trying a nasal mask for sometime after using a face mask for over 10 years. When the Airfit N30i - ResMed Nasal Mask Starter Pack went on sale I decided to take the gamble and try it. I was not disappointed and probably will also be reordering a nasal mask from now on.
I ordered the mask on Saturday and received it on Wednesday. That is quick shipping, even though I used free shipping.
Pro: The N30i is very good, delivering performance that is a cross between a full nasal mask like the N20 and nasal pillows like the P10. I have chronic congestion, and the N30i pushes the air in far better than a regular nasal mask like the N20.
Con: I like to keep my bedroom cool and the N30i tubing allows a great deal of condensation. I'm not sure what it is, tubing near the ear or the air holes in the cushion, but the mask can seem a bit noisy. The air vents in the cushion are at an unfortunate angle, blowing a fairly high velocity air stream down on my hands as I lie in my preferred sleeping position. Annoying.
My first choice is the N20 AirTouch, which gives me the most consistent comfort and fit. However, when I get congested, which happens frequently, I will reach for the N30i from now on. In spite of the annoyances.
This is the third mask I tried and bought it out of pocket. Money well spent as this mask is perfect. No leaks, no headaches, no sores in my nostrils. I only wish I started out with this one! So comfortable.
Love the mask. It does not leak and it does not slip. Very comfortable.
Fits well, and I was able to decrease the pressure on my CPAP from what was needed for a regular mask.
I hate this mask so much. Thumb screws are more comfortable.
Well constructed and a great fitting CPAP mask. Less air blowing on my partner.
This is my first mask i loved. I slept the first night all the way through trying it the first time. It's super comfortable. The breathing seems magical as it works phenomenal no forced air up your nose. I slept on my side just great. It's grade A all the way, i had a full face mask and a nasal mask thought i'd try a different approach and take a chance on this one (same manufacturer) of my other masks. I actually look forward to sleep now because of this mask, it's comfort level would have to be near 10. The no hose out the front makes a bigger difference than i thought, the sides are very unrestrictive. I'd highly recommend this mask whatever negatives you seen in youtube's ad's (cause i seen a few) just ignore, i'm quite picky and i knew right away this was the answer i was looking for it's awesome, you'll love it.
I think the mask is great fit very well built it is easy to wear all night
I think the mask is great fit very well built it is easy to wear all night
this mask is fit to my face and only cover small range of my face. So I wouldn't feel too much when i wear it.
I love this new mask. I have struggled with getting used to my CPAP. I have tried numerous mask & was at my wits end. I feel and sleep better when I use my CPAP. This is the first mask I have used consistently. My insurance would not provide nor pay for this mask. The company I am required by my insurance to use is 1 hour from my house and does not have this mask. So, I had to purchase without any benefits from the insurance that I pay for. I am happy I did, it is working out so well. My health is improving daily. I did read other reviews before I was going to spend $$ for this and one comment which is valid sticks in my mind is that you can hear the air going through near your ears. I have Tinnitus so this is like white noise for me thus helps me sleep better. Not related directly to the mask but I am struggling with getting good evaluation from my doctor to review the air pressure and make adjustments.
My pulmonologist recommended this mask so I tried it. Now 6 weeks later I can say, that like all masks they have pros and cons. First and probably most important, my wife loves it!! She says it is the quietest mask I have ever used and it doesn't leak as much either as I move around during the night. I found that the head gear stays in place well and agree it doesn't move as much as my Swift LT so it leaks much less. It is also light and very easy to don and doff. It is very comfortable.
What I found to be a problem is while it is quiet for my wife I find it to be like sleeping in a wind tunnel. Very noisy for the wearer especially if you are a side sleeper. At 16 cm of pressure blowing through the mask near my ears is a bit annoying. Secondly, I find it hard to clean the head piece well. All you can do is flush soapy water in and out. I use a vinegar soak then rinse it thoroughly. I feel like a salad if I don't rinse it enough.
Overall I give this system a very good rating and look forward to using it for a while.
I have been using the N30I for a few nights and I love it! This mask is very sturdy, does NOT ride up the back of my head so once I put it on it stays in place. The cushion stays sealed all through the night so again, no need to adjust it. At first I thought the cushion was leaking but discovered it was just the Vent on the cushion which is normal. This is now my go to mask and I love it!
This mask is a great design from an "impressions" left in the am pov, however,
the "seal" doesn't work as well and mouth breathing was a real issue (dry mouth)
and I just didn't sleep very well and was very disappointed as I loved the idea of the mask.
the last full face I bought had exhaust holes that rotate with your movement at night. your mask has same movement.the air that comes from these vents into your eyes give you very puffy eye lids in the morning. could all vents be made to face down I am 72 age and having no air blowing in your eyes from any mask would be a bonus . thank you david