The DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with headgear by Philips Respironics is a completely re-imagined mask that harbors new innovations making this a surefire top mask to be on the market. With a tube type of frame that delivers airflow directly into the cushion you will notice a completely new feel to your sleep therapy. Having the CPAP hose connect at the top prevents all the unnecessary clutter in front of your face often associated with standard CPAP Mask. This creates a minimalist design with very little contact to the front of the face which creates a more desirable look and feel while being worn.
One of the key features of the DreamWear is that it uses a very simplistic design. The Dreamwear mask cushion cradles comfortably under the nose and seals both nostrils unlike a traditional mask which requires the coverage of the entire nose. Without a forehead support or need to have your entire nose covered it gives way to preventing irritation and discomfort or alleviating it to a tolerable minimum. Say goodbye/sayonara to nasal bridge irritation that you're used to experiencing with the previous masks on the market. Best of all, an open line of sight makes for reading a book or watching the telly a breeze before bed. This mask is truly a win-win.
Cushions upon Cushions
The beauty of the DreamWear nasal CPAP mask is the many readily available size configurations that are offered. It is well known that finding a mask for CPAP therapy is often the most daunting task however, luckily with so many options available this mask will fit a wide range of users. The cushions are available in four sizes: Small, Medium, Medium Wide, and Large. The frame are available in three sizes: Small, Medium, and Large however as with most mask on the market a majority of users will find that the Medium size fits perfectly. The headgear comes in one size only.
Where Dreams Come True
The DreamWear frame was dreamed up by an innovative mind. With a silicone style tube frame, the air flows through and into the nasal cushion. There are so many active sleepers out there and people who tend to favor sleeping on one side compared to the other. This frame accommodates any sleeper with the intention on achieving the perfect seal and maintain sufficient airflow throughout the process. You don't have to worry about favoring one side or the other as there is no diminished performance as the entire airflow from the machine to mask will be directed to the other side that is not being laid on. Worried about skin irritation from Silicone? Respironics has you covered with wraps that are included to be put onto the frame which will help prevent it.
Rather than go directly inside your nose to create a proper seal the DreamWear cradles itself right under your nose providing an even airflow through both nostrils. Wave Goodbye to potential sores in your nose and let the irritation on the bridge of your nose be an afterthought. You'll wonder what took so long for this mask to make it's arrival.
Old School Design/New School Feel
The DreamWear utilizes the elbow connector on top of the head rather than in front of the face which allows the CPAP tube to be positioned above your head while you sleep rather than in front of you. The end result? Less drag and tug with in turn gives you greater flexibility to move around without the loss of seal. Active sleepers can rejoice now that there is freedom to move around without any negative impact no matter the position you find best to sleep in.
- Uniquely placed Hose Connection
- Open view
- Simplistic Design
- Innovative Frame
- Cradle Cushion
- Multiple Size Options
Mask Frame size
- Small Frame length: 19 in.
- Medium Frame length: 20 in.
- Large Frame length: 22 in.
Mask Material List
- Cushion: Silicone Polycarbonate
- Frame: Silicone Polycarbonate
- Elbow: Polycarbonate
- Tubing Quick Release: Polycarbonate
- Headgear: Polyurethane Foam, nylon/Spandex
- Fabric Wraps: Polyester/Spandex
How should I clean my DreamWear?
- It is quite simple to clean the DreamWear and just like any other mask it should be cleaned daily. By using warm water and mild soap(minus the anti-bacterial) you will prolong the overall lifespan of these parts. Rinsing and air drying is normally the best recommendation. As for the headgear it is best to follow suit however you are fine to wash it at the end of the week.
How to locate my size I am using?
- The DreamWear comprises of two pieces: the cushion and the frame. The cushion size can be found on the front of the cushion next to the arrow in which indicates the direction the cushion should be connected to the frame. Coming in four different sizes: Small, Medium, Medium Wide, and Large you will be sure to find the best fit for you. Determining the frame is simple as well, it is located right behind the elbow connection of the frame and comes in Small, Medium and Large so in theory this will fit any shape head.
Does this mask come with a short tube
- No. The mask comes with an elbow but no short tube.