Eson 2 Nasal Mask by Fisher & Paykel
The Fisher & Paykel Eson 2 Nasal CPAP Mask is designed to meet the needs of CPAP users and sleep therapy professionals through every step of CPAP therapy. The Eson 2 is built for performance and comfort with a focus on ease of use.
With only three simple parts, this nasal CPAP mask is easy to clean and assemble. The Eson 2 is quiet and minimizes draft, allowing for a night of uninterrupted sleep.
Eson 2 Mask Sizes
The Eson 2 comes in sizes S (Small cushion & Small headgear), M (Medium cushion & M/L headgear), and L (Large cushion & M/L headgear).
It also comes in "FitPack" packaging which includes cushions in all three sizes – Small, Medium, and Large – as well as a M/L headgear.
Fitting the Eson 2
- Stretch over – for a quick fit, the mask stretches directly over your head.
- Hold the bottom gray straps with the mask facing downwards.
- Guide the headgear over your head so that the silicone seal is resting on your forehead.
- Place your hands on the bottom straps on either side of the mask.
- Pull the bottom straps out and downwards.
- Ensure that the silicone seal rests over your nose and that the blue top strap is sitting on your forehead.
- Adjust the fit of the headgear by tightening or loosening the velcro tabs. Start with the two velcro tabs on the blue top strap, followed by the two bottom straps.
- If you experience mask leaks, lift the silicone seal off your face and reposition it.
- Ensure that the headgear straps are not fastened too tightly.
- The forehead strap should rest horizontally on the forehead, just above the ears. You can adjust the strap on the crown of your head to move the headgear further up or down your head.
- A good fit is snug around the head and not too tight.
- Unhook headgear clips from the mask frame.
- Remove the silicone seal, diffuser, and swivel from the mask frame.
- Wash the silicone seal, swivel, and frame in warm soapy water after every use.
- After washing, rinse all parts thoroughly under running water.
- DO NOT CLEAN ANY PARTS in your DISHWASHER.
- Once a week, wash your headgear and diffuser in warm soapy water.
- Do not soak any parts for more than 10 minutes.
- Air dry all parts out of direct sunlight.
Assembling Your Mask
- Push the silicone seal onto the mask frame, using the blue ring for orientation.
- Push the swivel onto the end of the elbow and place the diffuser onto the elbow.
- Thread the forehead straps of the headgear through the slots of the mask frame.
- Thread the headgear clips onto the headgear.
- Hook the headgear clips back onto the mask frame.
Mask Material List:
- Frame and Elbow: Polycarbonate
- Swivel and Seal: Polycarbonate Silicone
- Headgear: Lycra / Polyurethane Foam Laminate
- Headgear Clips: Acetal
- Diffuser: Polycarbonate / Polyester Fiber
Review By Patty M. CPSGT
Certified Polysomnographic Technician
Eson 2: Quiet. Comfortable. Great seal.
Quiet. If you are looking for a quiet mask, the Eson 2 is the answer! The reusable diffuser (the part covering the expiration valve) ensures the noise-sensitive sleeper a great night’s sleep. Although a tough tug to get off, you can wash the diffuser periodically in mild soap and water.
Comfortable. The Eson 2’s blue headgear is soft and light, making it very comfortable to wear. The special velcro on the straps is designed to be durable. You can easily remove the mask by down-twisting the clips or by pulling open the velcro straps. It is designed so the straps do not pull out all the way. Simple.
Great seal. The design of the Eson 2 makes it a great-fitting mask. The ball-and-socket design on the elbow allows more flexibility with the tubing, reducing any tugging that may cause leaks.
My customers love this mask for good reason!
Note: The Eson mask cushions are not compatible with the Eson 2 mask frame.