SleepRes V-Com™ Simply Makes CPAP More Comfortable
Upgrade your CPAP therapy experience with the SleepRes V-Com comfort accessory. The V-Com is engineered to increase comfort by reducing inspiratory pressure and flow without significant reduction in expiratory pressure (EPAP). It is added between the CPAP mask and hose.
This comfort accessory is durable and easy to clean, ensuring long-lasting use and optimal hygiene. It is a great investment for anyone looking to improve their CPAP therapy experience and achieve better sleep quality.
A Quieter, Less Disruptive Experience
Standard CPAP devices are often associated with noise, which can disrupt your sleep therapy and your partner's sleep. It can be challenging to sleep when dealing with constant buzzing and whirring.
The V-Com is designed to mitigate the negative aspects of CPAP therapy without compromising your CPAP machine's ability to provide comprehensive breathing support. It provides quiet, efficient support during inhalation and exhalation while decreasing air consumption, eliminating circuit leaks, and reducing the inhalation of stomach acid. The best part is that it's an FDA-approved comfort device, so you can purchase it directly without a medical diagnosis or prescription.
Training Wheels for CPAP
The V-Com is designed for new or struggling CPAP and Bi-level PAP users who require noninvasive ventilation (NIV). Similar to training wheels on a bicycle, the V-Com helps users adjust to CPAP more easily and quickly, as noted by SleepRes.
Your comfort is our top priority, and there are no time restrictions when using the V-Com. You can use it for as long as you need, and once you adjust to your device's airflow pressure and develop your own tolerance, you can remove the V-Com from the CPAP circuit.
What does the V-Com actually do within the circuit?
V-Com provides comfort without compromising therapy. V-Com is designed to soften the peak inspiratory flow that is often troublesome to new CPAP users.
Do you need a prescription for the V-Com?
The V-Com does not require a prescription.
How long will I need to use the V-Com?
How long you use V-Com is completely up to you. Use the V-Com for as long as you need to make your PAP therapy more comfortable. Tolerance to PAP therapy typically develops over time.
How often do I need to replace the V-Com device?
Every three months
Where is the V-Com device placed in the positive airway pressure (PAP) circuit?
V-Com should be placed between the circuit tube (hose) and the interface (mask).
Instructions for Use
- Confirm your PAP device is turned off before beginning.
- Remove the V-Com device from the package and attach it to the hose between your PAP device and mask.
- Verify that all fittings are secure before turning on your PAP device.
- Put your mask in place, turn on your machine, lay down, and get a good night's sleep.
- Clean your V-Com device after each use or every 24-hour period according to the instructions provided.
- If you plan to use the V-Com device long-term, replace it every three months, similar to hoses and masks.
- Wash with soap (e.g., liquid dish soap) and water, inserting a small, bristled brush in both ends of the V-Com device to penetrate and clean the complete airflow path.
- Twist the brush several times.
- Rinse with clean water and let air dry.
- Inspect for any damage or residue. If seen, clean again or replace.
Volume: 18 mL
Weight: 9 grams
Resistance to flow:
- 0.3 cmH2O @ 20 Lpm
- 0.6 cmH2O @ 30 Lpm
- 1.1 cmH2O @ 40 Lpm
- 1.7 cmH2O @ 50 Lpm