Respironics DreamStation CPAP Pro with Humidifier
The DreamStation CPAP Pro is smaller and lighter than its predecessor, the System One REMstar Pro 460. In terms of looks, the main color of the machine is now white, and it is equipped with a color LCD Screen and light sensor on top. It has built-in Bluetooth to transfer your data via wireless to your healthcare provider or insurance company. Respironics made the menu navigation simpler with the control knob and buttons. The Pro provides the comfort and technological advancements to ensure a results-driven therapy session paired with the personalization you need. This machine comes with a humidifier and the option with or without heated tubing (the option without the humidifier is here). It is an excellent choice to use as a travel machine.
C-Flex Plus includes flow-based pressure relief at the beginning of exhalation like the original C-Flex. However, C-Flex Plus also incorporates A-Flex technology which softens the pressure transition that occurs from inhalation to exhalation. This ensures a far more comfortable experience in fixed-CPAP mode. C-Flex Plus includes 3 different transition settings which can be personalized to suit your needs.
The DreamStation Pro offers CPAP Mode - for fixed pressure with no changes or adjustments needed, and CPAP-Check (C-Check) Mode – delivers CPAP therapy while automatically adjusting the pressure level to meet user needs every 30 hours to give optimal therapy pressure. EZ-Start – reduces the therapy pressure setting for the first few days of operation and gradually increases this setting until the prescribed pressure is reached.
Resistance Control Technology was designed to maintain optimal pressure for any mask that is used with the DreamStation Pro. All Respironics CPAP masks include a numbering system that is based on variable resistance characteristics, which enables the DreamStation to compensate for different mask types. The result is a persistent and consistent pressure flow no matter what mask is used.
Humidity Control and Heated Tubing (OPTIONAL)
The DreamStation Pro brings excellent humidity control with advanced technology that analyzes ambient temperature and airflow. The DreamStation is capable of automatically adjusting the humidity in your mask to match your preselected humidity level. The heating tube actively works to reduce rainout and automatically adjusts the humidity in your mask, reducing discomfort and increasing the effectiveness of your therapy. The 22/15 mm (non-heated) tube or the 15 mm heated tube is compatible with the DreamStation Humidifier. The Humidifier can be preheated 30 minutes prior to your therapy with a touch of a button.
Built-in Bluetooth Wireless Technology
You can pair the DreamStation Pro to a mobile device that has the DreamMapper app installed. DreamMapper is a mobile and web-based system designed to help users enhance their sleep therapy experience. Note: The DreamStation can only be paired to one mobile device – Smartphone, tablet, etc. If you have the SleepMapper app on your device it will change to the DreamMapper app.
Steps for pairing the DreamStation to your Smartphone or Tablet
- Bluetooth setting will be enabled on your mobile device.
- "PR BT XXXX" will appear on the Bluetooth screen of your DreamStation CPAP device; (XXXX will be the last four digits of the serial number of your DreamStation)
- Begin pairing from your mobile device with the DreamStation powered up and the blower turned off.
- When your mobile device is in range of the DreamStation CPAP, one of the following applies:
- Your mobile device has Secure Simple Pairing (SSP).
- Your mobile device does not support Bluetooth SSP.
- Use the dial knob to choose "yes" or "no". Once "yes" is chosen, the DreamStation device will acknowledge the passkey.
- When your mobile device acknowledges the pairing request, both your mobile device and the DreamStation CPAP will be paired and ready to connect using DreamMapper.
C-Flex Plus Technology - Combines C-Flex and A-Flex technology to provide increased comfort and compliance DreamStation
Humidity Control - Ensures excellent humidity control by analyzing ambient temperature and airflow
Resistance Control - Utilizes a unique mask numbering system that enables DreamStation to compensate for different mask types
Ramp Pressure - Pressure starts off lower levels and gently increases over the course of 45 min, in 5 min increments
How often do I need to change my filters?
Filters are a critical part of your CPAP therapy and need to be cleaned routinely. It is recommended that disposable filters are replaced every 6 to 12 weeks. On the other hand, cleanable filters should be washed weekly and replaced every 6 months. Disposable and reusable filters are both available for purchase on our website.
Why is the mask alert feature not working?
Make sure the mask alert feature is set to ON. Be aware that certain masks will not work with this feature; however, mask alerts should not affect the performance of the DreamStation Pro.
Does the DreamStation come with a different power supply?
The DreamStation comes with a standard 80W power supply.
- DreamStation CPAP Pro with built-in BlueTooth
- Heated Humidifier
- Reusable foam filter and ultra fine filter
- Plastic or Heated Tubing
- Power supply with power cord
- User Manual
- Travel Bag
2. Price seems great. Are these refurbs, or is the next newer better machine lurking in the wings?
2. These are new machines, however they are not auto-titrating machines but manual fixed pressure machines, which tend to be a bit cheaper. Indeed, Phillips recently released the DreamStation 2 which is the new generation in their flagship PAP devices.
The power supply is rated at 80 watts. So you would want to multiply it by the hours of use and you should have total watts used per night. So average I would say 640-800 watts in an 8 hours period. This would be with the humidifier and tube temperature ON. If you turn the Humidifier off or remove it completely, and turn the heated tube off, you will draw much less power.
Please call Philips Respironics directly for precise information: 1-800-345-6443