CPAP Mask, Hose, and Chamber Cleaner
Cleaning your CPAP equipment, especially your mask, tube, and humidifier water chamber regularly are of the utmost important when it comes to safe and effective CPAP therapy. While using your CPAP equipment, bacteria and germs can build up inside your tube and mask. This can have long term negative effects on your overall sleep apnea therapy while also causing your equipment to break down, leading to more constant replacement of parts. Daily cleanings are mandatory for all CPAP equipment, and the most effective way to thoroughly clean your equipment and kill 99.9 percent of that bacteria is to use the SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer.
Most Thorough CPAP Cleaner Available
Using the same process that hospitals use while sanitizing equipment, the SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer guarantees that it kills 99.9 percent of any type of negative build up in your CPAP mask and tube. You do not have to take apart your mask and wipe it down with a wipe or use any type of spray; just put your mask directly into the SoClean and let it do the work!
No Chemicals or Water
Using oxygen, the SoClean will automatically clean your CPAP equipment without using any type of alcohol or chemical that can leave a smell on your mask.
Heated Tubing Adapters
If you are using a ClimateLine tubing with a ResMed S9, heated tubing for the Fisher and Paykel Icon, System One 60 Series Heated Tubing, or heated tubing for the Fisher and Paykel 600 Series CPAP Machines, an adapter is required in order to clean your tube. There are four different types of adapters available for purchase for these four types of heated tubing, so know what type of machine you are using and if you have the heated tube before purchasing.
Instructions on first time using the SoClean
- Always use the pre-wash whenever you hand wash your current or new CPAP hose, mask, and water chamber.
- Put two capfuls of pre-wash into a gallon of water.
- Hand-wash your CPAP hose, mask, and water chamber.
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Air dry
- Important: Do not use the pre-wash in the SoClean
*See what our Registered Respiratory Therapist has to say about the SoClean vs Lumin
AC Power Cord: 62 inches
AC Power Supply: 1.55 x 1.30 x 3.10 inches
Pre-wash bottle: 1.5 oz (45mL)
- Hypoallergenic and Fragrance-free
- Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Laureth 9, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Methylisothi-azolinone and Benzisothi-azolinone.
- Compatible with any CPAP Mask - Adapters needed for heated tubing for certain manufacturers
- Thorough clean - Cleans 99.9 percent of bacteria and germs
- Chemical free - Uses oxygen instead of chemicals and liquids
You do not need to disassemble your mask and tube when using the SoClean CPAP Cleaner; just put your mask inside with the tube attached and let the machine do the work for you. Make sure you clean your equipment daily.
Do I need to take apart my mask to put it in the SoClean?
No, your mask goes in as is and will come out thoroughly clean, as 99.9 percent of bacteria will be destroyed while inside. Your mask should be attached to the tube and water chamber as well, as all three will receive cleaning.
What are the benefits of cleaning my CPAP equipment?
By cleaning your equipment daily, you lengthen the lifespan of things like your mask cushions and tubes. This leadsto less frequent replacement of parts and less costs. But cleaning your CPAP equipment isn't just about the costs, it's also about your health! CPAP equipment that does not get a thorough cleaning can allow for bacteria and pathogens to build up which will lead you to getting sick more often and having negative effects on your overall health and sleep apnea therapy.
Why does it look like my mask is yellowing?
Clear or yellowish residue is usually just built-up facial oils. The SoClean will oxidize/sanitize any organic residue on the mask, but an inert (and sometimes yellowish colored) material residue can be left behind. Wash the mask out well with the pre-wash or with fragrance-free dish soap. This is the most common cause of yellowing. It may seem as if the plastic is yellowing, but the yellow color may be caused by a fine film of facial oil residue.
Also see these items:
- SoClean System One and DreamStation Heated Tubing Adapter
- SoClean ResMed S9 ClimateLine Tubing Adapter
- SoClean Fisher & Paykel ICON Heated Tubing Adapter
- SoClean Fisher & Paykel 600 Series Heated Tubing Adapter
- Compatible with APEX Medical XT Series CPAP machines - no adapters needed.
- Product manufacturer warranty is three years.
Return on warranty issues only.
- SoClean Device
- Cartridge Filter* (PN1207)
- Check Valve Assembly** (Check Valve, Injection Fitting and 12" Tubing)
- AC Power Supply with Cord (approximately 62 in)
- Small Neutralizing Pre-Wash bottle - 1.5 oz/45 ML (PN1101)
- Hose Slot Plug (PN1214)
- Lid Gasket (PN1215)
- User Manual
** The Check Valve prevents water in the CPAP humidifier reservoir from backing up into the SoClean machine. If at any time water can be seen in the clear tube (Check Valve), replace immediately. It should be replace every 6 months or the SoClean display shows the "order filter kit" message.
You may register your SoClean device at Soclean.com