Reliable, Sturdy Chin Strap for a Secure Chin during CPAP Therapy - Fixed Size
This Ruby chinstrap from PURESOM was designed to hold your chin in place securely, and comfortably, during CPAP therapy reducing or eliminating the opening of your mouth during sleep, which can result in a dry mouth or a dry nasal area in the morning. The PURESOM Ruby chin strap comes in 3 different sizes, small, medium, and large, that are non-adjustable, providing a secure hold in place throughout the night.
- Three different sizes - Small, Medium, and Large
- Secure - Provides a secure fit throughout the night keeping your mouth closed during CPAP therapy
- Comfort - Breathable neoprene material that reduces pressure on the skin
All of the PURESOM Chin Straps are washable and will dry fairly quickly, but never wash them in your clothes washer or dry them in the dryer. While there are expensive neoprene cleaning materials available, they are usually not needed. You should hand wash your chin strap in warm water with a mild detergent or baby shampoo. Because you wear your chin strap nightly it will most definitely have sweat and other materials on it, so washing daily is recommended, and it only takes a few minutes. This will greatly affect the hygiene of your mask.
To measure, start at the top of your head and around your chin, then back up to the top of your head.
- Small = 23" - 25" (Smaller than 23" is not recommended for this chin strap)
- Medium = 25" to 27"
- Large = 27" to 29" (Greater than 29" is not recommended for this chin strap)
- Wear your chinstrap under your mask
- Slide the chin strap over your head, making sure the logo tag on the thicker strap sits on the back of your head. The logo will be on the outside. The thinner strap will be on top. The chin cup will sit under your chin
- Adjust your mask/headgear tightness as needed to ensure an adequate seal
Are these chin straps adjustable?
No, this PureSom Ruby chin strap comes in 3 different sizes that allow you to pick what you best need for the size and shape of your head.
What are some positives and negatives of using a chin strap during CPAP therapy?
A chin strap will hold your mouth in place during the night, reducing the number of air leaks out of the mouth, which can cause some CPAP users discomfort. However, chin straps are not for all, and they may take some time to get used to. You do not need a chin strap if you do not open your mouth frequently during the night. A sore throat in the morning can be a sign that you are experiencing air leaks, and either a chin strap or a heated humidifier and heated tubing can be a simple remedy for your CPAP therapy.
Vyaire, formerly known as CareFusion, has been assembling a line of respiratory products through acquisitions.
- User InstructionsDownload
|Model||TMS-09S, TMS-09M, TMS-09L|