Respironics Deluxe Chin Strap
The Respironics chin strap for sleep apnea was developed for CPAP users who open their mouth during sleep. Opening your mouth during sleep apnea therapy can unintentionally lead to mask leaks and reduced therapy effectiveness. The Respironics chin strap for sleep apnea aims to keep your mouth closed in order to maintain therapy effectiveness. This deluxe chin strap pairs up perfectly and adds extra stability for those who do not like full face masks.
- Two Points of Adjustment
- Constructed of Soft Materials
- Increased Therapy Effectiveness
Instructions for use
- Put on your mask and headgear following the instructions included with the mask.
- Close your mouth and place the chin strap under your chin. The Velcro fastner is on the inside of the chin strap main band. The anchoring strap is sewn to the outside of the main band and will face toward the back of your head.
- Wrap the chins trap around your head and latch the Velcro fastener to the main band.
- Wrap the main headband around the back of the head and over the ears. Wrap the anchoring strap on the main headband to the main chin strap headband.
- Position the top of the Chin Strap toward the front of your head to apply the appropriate angle of pressure on your chin.
The Deluxe Chin Strap has two points of adjustment located on the top and back of the head, giving you the flexibility you need to personalize your chin strap to what you desire.
Wide Strap: 3 inches wide (3 (W) x 26 (L) inch)
Stability Strap: 1 inch wide (1 x 12 inch)
Does this chin strap work with all masks?
Yes, this chin strap can work with all masks.
|Dimensions||3 inch wide strap, 1 inch wide stability strap|
- 3 x 6 inch wide strap
- 1 x 12 inch wide stability strap
- Material: Nylon, Spandex, and Polyester
Subject: Philips Deluxe Chin Strap Review
I do not use a CPAP machine, but use the strap, along with tapping my mouth, to force nose breathing. The strap applies vertical pressure on my chin and not backward pressure. It does not cover my ears which is much more comfortable and permits wearing reading glasses prior to going to sleep. Unfortunately the strap is out-of-stock at Respshop.
I found that this type of chin strap is much more comfortable than my old one due to the width of the strap itself - my old chin strap had a chin cup and then thin straps that wrapped around my head. It is easy to put on and remove this strap and well worth the price. I intend to purchase another one for a backup (and travel).
Satisfied customer! Hoping that this chin strap will solve the problem to my being as a OPEN MOUTH breather while I sleep, I am pleased to say that this chin strap followed through. Such a comfortable chin strap and so simple and adjustable I was able to make and find the correct fittings for my big head. The Velcro makes it so convenient and the elastic strap makes it a nice snug comfy fit. Worth it.