Deluxe Chin Strap by Philips Respironics
The Deluxe Chin Strap by Philips Respironics is designed to hold the mouth closed during sleep, preventing large leaks that can reduce therapy effectiveness. This high-quality chin strap is made from a soft, stretchable fabric that gently cradles the jaw and chin, ensuring a secure and comfortable fit throughout the night. It is recommended for CPAP users who tend to breathe through their mouths while sleeping, but would rather avoid using a full face mask.
The Deluxe Chin Strap consists of a wide strap that encircles the head and a smaller stability strap that wraps around the back of the head, securing the main strap in place. Both the wide strap and the adjustable strap can be adjusted for tightness, ensuring a comfortable and personalized fit.
- Unfasten the Velcro closures on both the wide strap and the smaller stability strap.
- Position the wide strap under the chin and ensure that it covers the jawline. The wider part of the strap should be centered under the chin for optimal support.
- Wrap the wide strap around the head and over the ears.
- Fasten the Velcro closure of the wide strap, adjusting it for a comfortable yet secure fit. Make sure it's snug enough to keep the mouth closed during sleep, but not too tight to cause discomfort.
- Position the smaller stability strap at the back of the head, wrapping it around the wide strap to keep it in place.
- Fasten the Velcro closure of the stability strap, adjusting it as needed to ensure the chin strap remains secure and comfortable throughout the night.
- Put on your CPAP or BiPAP mask, ensuring it fits comfortably with the chin strap in place.
Wide Strap: 3 inches wide, 26 inches long
Stability Strap: 1 inch wide, 12 inches long
Materials: nylon, spandex, and polyester
How do I clean the Deluxe Chin Strap?
Hand wash the chin strap with warm water and laundry detergent. Lay flat to dry. Please do not use bleach. We also recommend washing the chin strap prior to using for the first time.
Which masks are compatible with the Deluxe Chin Strap?
The Deluxe Chin Strap can be used with all nasal and nasal pillow masks.
1x Wide Strap
1x Stability Strap
Subject: More wasted money
Bought another model that was horribly represented and they don't refund. Even though its sizes wrong. They gave me points to use. So had to purchase another model of course more.money and ridiculously overpriced shipping. Which defaults to the most expensive method hoping you won't notice. But got my new chin strap and it's so big it chokes me cutting into my neck when I lay down. So I have to move it forward which then causes indentarions and creases all over my face. Will never waste my money at this knock off garbage retailer again.
Satisfied customer! Hoping that this chin strap will solve the problem to my being as a OPEN MOUTH breather while I sleep, I am pleased to say that this chin strap followed through. Such a comfortable chin strap and so simple and adjustable I was able to make and find the correct fittings for my big head. The Velcro makes it so convenient and the elastic strap makes it a nice snug comfy fit. Worth it.
Subject: Philips Deluxe Chin Strap Review
I do not use a CPAP machine, but use the strap, along with tapping my mouth, to force nose breathing. The strap applies vertical pressure on my chin and not backward pressure. It does not cover my ears which is much more comfortable and permits wearing reading glasses prior to going to sleep. Unfortunately the strap is out-of-stock at Respshop.
I found that this type of chin strap is much more comfortable than my old one due to the width of the strap itself - my old chin strap had a chin cup and then thin straps that wrapped around my head. It is easy to put on and remove this strap and well worth the price. I intend to purchase another one for a backup (and travel).