Transcend Micro Travel CPAP AirMist HME Kit
The AirMist HME Kit includes a reusable AirMist HME Adapter which houses a replaceable HME cartridge. These HME cartridges trap heat and moisture from the exhaled breath, releasing them during the next inhalation to provide heat and humidity. Each Transcend HME cartridge is individually packaged and remains effective for up to 7 days once opened. Please note that these HME cartridges are not washable.
To set up your Transcend Micro with the AirMist HME Kit, simply connect one end of the AirMist Adapter to the tubing and the other end to your CPAP mask. The AirMist Adapter is compatible with the Transcend Micro Standard 6Ft Tube as well as the Micro AirFlex 6Ft Tube.
- Remove the HME cartridge from the foil package. Handle by the plastic shroud, not the foam core.
- Unscrew the HME adapter bottom from the HME adapter top and place the HME cartridge inside the HME adapter bottom.
- Place the HME adapter top onto the HME adapter bottom and gently turn the top until the adapter compresses together on the HME cartridge.
- Securely attach the HME adapter bottom to your hose.
- Securely attach the HME adapter top to your mask.
Note: The AirMist HME Kit is compatible with all CPAP masks with standard 22mm connections. However, its effectiveness in providing humidification may be reduced when connected to a mask with short tubing, such as the AirFit P10 or Wisp. This is because heat and moisture need to travel down the short tubing before they can reach the HME.
How do I clean my AirMist HME Kit?
Clean the AirMist HME Adapter once a week with mild soap and warm water. Remove the HME cartridge from the adapter before cleaning. Soak the AirMist Adapter in warm, soapy water and wash the interior and exterior of the adapter with a lint-free cloth. Rinse thoroughly and air dry away from direct sunlight.
The HME cartridge cannot be cleaned and should be replaced after 3 to 7 days of use.
Can I purchase replacement AirMist HME cartridges separately?
Yes, replacement AirMist HME cartridges can be purchased separately from the AirMist Adapter. The HME cartridges are available in packs of 8.