Brevida Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
The Brevida Nasal Pillow Mask from Fisher & Paykel is as easy and as simple as it looks. A lightweight nasal pillow CPAP mask built for comfort with a unique inflatable Airpillow design that allows for a remarkable seal not only inside the nostril but around the nose. In the process of inhalation, the soft walls of the cushion inflates to provide stability. Much like most nasal pillow masks the Brevida includes all sized nasal cushions. Offered in extra small-small and medium-large cushions. Moreover, VisiBlue hues are found throughout the mask which represents the points of connection.
AirPillow Cushion Seal
The Airpillow is designed to inflate in and around the nose to create a one of a kind seal. This cushion is triangular in shape which extends from the tip of the nose to the upper lip. This unique shape and design is built to provide a seal in and around the nose. Other nasal pillow masks seal is up to the nostrils only. This one of a kind AirPillow was designed with comfortability in mind.
All Size Cushions Included
To accommodate most facial structures the Brevida mask includes two sized AirPillow. One cushion is sized to fit extra small-small and the other is sized to fit medium-large. This will surely help reduce stress that occurs when trying to find the correct mask size.
VisiBlue Adjustable Headgear
The VisiBlue headgear is adjustable, durable and light weight. It presents the thin, dual strap headgear from the thicker beige headgear straps that is connected to the headgear clips. Easy to maintain and even easier to adjust. Equipped with Velcro tabs that easily loop through the clips for a comfortable fit. These Velcro tabs stays in place without moving. The positioning and comfortable fit of this remarkable headgear is efficient enough to provide a strong seal overnight.
Washable Diffuser Filter
The diffuser which was designed to reduce noise is now washable. This filter diffuses unnecessary sounds as it is released from the mask and captures fine particles. Now it is not only easy to maintain and is cost effective due to the newly designed washable filter. It is recommended to clean once a week to be able to provide maintenance to the item making it continuously functional.
- AirPillow Nasal Pillow Cushion
- All Sized AirPillows
- Short Tube with Swivel
- Adjustable Headgear
- Washable Diffuser Cap and Filter
- Visiblue Connection Points
Mask Cushion Materials
Frame - Polycarbonate
Swivel - Polycarbonate
Seal - Silicone/ Polycarbonate
Headgear - Lycra/ Polyutherane Foam Laminate
Headgear clips - Acetal
Diffuser - Polyester Fiber/ Polycarbonate
Tube - Polypropylene
Tips to Assemble
Tips to Disassemble
- Push the nasal pillow cushion gently into the opening in the middle of the mask frame.
- Link the headgear straps onto the headgear clips then close the hook and loop the tab to the headgear for closure.
- Attach the headgear clips to the mask frame.
- Snap the diffuser cap onto the top of the mask elbow.
- Link the blue rim of the swivel to the short tube, then connect the short tube to the mask elbow.
- Pair one end of the CPAP hose to the swivel and the other end to the CPAP machine.
Tips for Cleaning the Mask Components
- When replacing a singe part, remove the piece being replaced and add the new part in its place.
- When dismantling for cleaning, remove the headgear clips from the headgear. Afterwards, remove the nasal pillow cushion from the mask frame. Remove the diffuser cap and the short tube from the elbow before finally removing the swivel from the short tube.
F. A. Q.
Can I use the Brevida Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with any CPAP machine?
- For the Cushion,Short Tube, and Swivel - Wash daily in warm water with mild soap. Do not exceed in 10 minutes. Rinse with fresh water until all soap residue is gone and allow the components to air dry away from direct sunlight before wearing.
- For the Headgear and Diffuser Cap - Wash at least once per week in warm water with mild soap. Do not exceed 10 in minutes. Rinse with fresh water until all soap residue is gone and allow the components to air dry away from direct sunlight before wearing.
- The Brevida, like any other mask, can be used with any CPAP machine. Standard tubing is used to connect the CPAP machine to the mask.
Will the Brevida Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask just cover my nose or nose and mouth?
- The Brevida is considered a Nasal Pillow Mask. The pillow slightly inserts into the nostrils and will not cover your mouth. The mask provides a lightweight and minimal design that is very comfortable.
Is the Brevida Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask replaceable?
- Not only is the pillow replaceable, it can be replaced with a different size. Additionally, the headgear can be replaced.
If I'm a side sleeper, can I use the Brevida Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask?
- Although it is difficult for a mask seal to remain leak-free while sleeping on your side, this nasal pillow style makes it much easier.
I have a mustache, can I use the Brevida Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask?
- Facial hairs do present a challenge to CPAP masks. But due to its unique pillow cushion style, it will do a better job staying leak-free than many other masks.