Comfort and Performance for Children Ages 2 and Up
Replacement cushion designed to fit with your ResMed Pixi Pediatric CPAP Mask . Soft and comfortable, this cushion we reduce any unwanted pressure and irritation the child will receive during CPAP therapy, while not compromising the nasal seal. The cushion is made with a single-wall and made out of silicone so that it is lightweight and comfortable for young children.
- Single-wall silicone design - Light weight and extremely comfortable
- Designed for children - Number one CPAP mask for children ages two and up
- Comfort - Reduces pressure without affecting the seal around the users nose
My child continues to grow as he ages but he loves his Pixi mask, however thanks to the design the mask can be readjusted in multiple locations so that you can change the size allowing for the mask to last a long time during growth spurts. However, cushions tend to experience wear and tear from nightly use, thankfully I can replace the cushions for cheap rather than having to buy brand new masks every time. Just remember to clean them daily so that you can reduce that said wear and tear and lengthen the life of your cushion and mask!
Checking the cushion steps
- Step 1 - Make sure that there are no creases or folds in the cushion and that the cushion is not caught in the sockets of the frame.
- Step 2- The cushion for the Pixi CPAP Mask is designed to sit on the middle of the bridge of the nose without blocking the nose or mouth at any time.
- How often should I be replacing the cushion?
- If the general wear and tear of the cushion is affecting the comfort that the child receives, then it's probably time to change the cushion. You should also be paying attention to the seal around the nose and whether or not you are experiencing leaks that have an effect on the CPAP therapy.
- How often should I clean the cushion and mask?
- We recommend daily cleaning in order to extend the life span of the cushion as normal facial oils and daily user can cause cracks over time and affect the effectiveness of the cushion.
© ResMed 2020 Used with Permission.