All New Spontaneous Timed Respironics DreamStation S/T
If you're an ST user it is time to take your therapy to the next level. With your personal care on Philips Respironics mind, they have designed the DreamStation ST. Not only is it sleek and effective, this device is the top choice for noninvasive ventilated Bi-level therapy due to it's overall efficiency. We all desire clinical support from something that is user-friendly and this compact. Not to mention, features such as adjustable ramp, data card, Bluetooth/DreamMapper and Digital Auto Trak, gives you the latest technology to make you comfortable.
Wide Range IPAP and EPAP Support
Compared to the general standard CPAP machines on the market, the DreamStation BiPAP S/T delivers inhalation and exhalation support when needed. This truly makes breathing easier and more comfortable than ever. Without having to battle breathing against pressure on a constant basis, you are going to experience more comfortable therapy on a consistent basis. This is especially important when considering users who have a high pressure need which makes having exhalation support a must have.
2 Options; Spontaneous and Timed Trigger Modes
Having spontaneous mode and spontaneous timed mode allows the device to respond to automatic variables or by manual indication. Therefore you're ensured a steady support of ventilation regardless of circumstance. You'll sleep hassle-free knowing the machine will make automatic adjustments according to what you need while the manual mode gives you complete control of the adjustments.
- Spontaneous Mode: By tracking each breath taken, the user is provided with pressure relief during the breathing cycle of inhaling and exhaling. This 3 point pressure relief ensures you are given a comfortable breathing experience due to its natural delivery.
- Spontaneous Time Trigger Mode:
- When in this mode, the system continually increases pressure during inhalation while decreasing the pressure for you upon exhaling. There is also an additional setting that can be enabled to initiate breathing if a natural breath is undetected within a specific time-frame set known as Breathe Rate/Rise Time.
User Management via DreamMapper
A great free mobile app for those on the go or a web based application for those who would prefer to analyse data thoroughly in a remote setting. Some of the great perks include educational content to further enhance your therapy, troubleshooting advice and best of all, motivational alerts to keep you going during your journey for the best sleep of your life. The display screen gives daily recap of your nightly use showing your progress. By taking an active role in your sleep therapy it will ensure you're going forward not taking a step back. All this is done by having the bluetooth relay information regarding your sleep keeping you up to date with your therapy.
We could all use extra help where necessary right? By helping to increase your comfort during therapy, the humidifier manages any possible rainout in your tube/mask. The consistent humidity is delivered straight into the tube providing relief. The humidifier is connected directly to the device and features dry box technology which helps reduce the chance of having water enter the device which could damage it greatly. Something wonderful to note about this humidifier is that it comes with two modes; Standard or Adaptive mode. Standard mode simply provides constant humidity at the level of your choice(range of 0-5, 0 being off and 5 being the highest) however adaptive mode monitors the ambient humidity and makes automatic adjustment to heat levels throughout the night not only providing you with optimal humidity but also preserving water so that it doesn't run dry before you wake up.
Optional Heated Tubing
You can purchase heated tubing as an add-on option which will ensure that the humidity levels from your humidifier to the tube and straight into the mask will stay constant. There are five different levels of temperature available for your liking which gives you enough flexibility to find what suits you best. Rainout is a big no-no as it can cause irritation by allowing for excess moisture into the mouth or nose during use, resulting in side effects such as a sore throat/dry nose or abruptly waking up causing you to lose out on good sleep.
- Leak Detection - Digital Auto-Trak adjusts airflow when it recognizes leak
- BiLevel Breathing Therapy - features inhalation and exhalation support
- Heated Humidification - custom humidification with air temperature control
- 3 modes - fixed, adaptive, neated tube
- Pre-heat humidifier option
- Modular design with one-piece, dishwasher-safe water chamber
- Protection Programs
- Flex Promise program
- Bi-level Rescue program
- "One-touch" warranty programs
- BiPAP S/T Features
- Flex Comfort: Bi-Flex (only available in S mode)
- Modes: CPAP, S, S/T
- Standard Ramp
- Digital AutoTrak
- Advanced event detection
- Waveform data
- Standard integrated Bluetooth
- Product Specifications
- Pressure range: 4 - 30 cm H20
- Flex pressure relief: 0-3
- Ramp time: 0-45 min(5-minute increments)
- Starting ramp pressure: 4 cm H20 to CPAP Pressure(CPAP); 4 cm H20 to EPAP (BiPAP)
- Humidification: Heated humidification (Fixed, Adaptive, Heated Tube modes; Heated Tube (optional)
- Data storage capacity (minimum): SD card stores more than one year, On-board stores less than 6 months
- Altitude compensation: Automatic
- Filters: Reusable pollen; disposable ultra-fine
- Devis controls: LCD, control dial/push button
- Warranty: 2 years
- Dimensions: 29.7 x 19.3 x 8.4 cm with humidifier
- Weight: 1.98kg/4.37lbs with humidifier
- Electrical requirements: 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.0-1.0A
Review By Pam Schmidt RRT, RCP
Registered Respiratory Therapist for RespShop
Have you been on CPAP only to have it fail? Has your physician now ordered a BiPAP S/T? Are you stressed trying to find the BiPAP that will give you a good night’s rest? If you are one of these clients, then I know that finding the right BiPAP machine is key to a restful night. But which one do I choose? Let’s take a peek at the DreamStation BiPAP S/T with a heated humidifier and see what it can do for you!
This advanced machine makes user care personal, efficient, and very effective. Heck, Phillips has done a great job with its DreamStation line and it offers more monitoring choices than any other leading noninvasive machines. It also provides the most connectivity options per any other leading ventilation brands.
Some of the great features you will see from the DreamStation BiPAP S/T are wide pressure ranges, user adjustable ramp, automatic altitude adjustments while traveling, data card information, and BiFlex (which is a comfort feature like CFlex). The DreamStation BiPAP S/T offers a high pressure on inhalation and a low expiration pressure, which tends to give my clients a more comfortable sleeping experience than any standard CPAP. Finally, this BiPAP offers some security with the use of the spontaneous timed mode, which will initiate a breath, after some time if none are detected.
There are two levels of therapy modes in the DreamStation BiPAP S/T, Spontaneous Mode, and Spontaneous Timed Mode. The Spontaneous mode has Bi-Flex with each breath and will provide pressure relief within the breathing cycle while transitioning from exhalation to inhalation. This will ensure comfortable, natural breathing. Spontaneous Timed Mode continues to increase pressure on inhalation and decrease pressure on exhalation; however, the breath rate or rise time settings will enable the machine to deliver a breath automatically. This mode, too, will allow my user to have a comfortable, more natural breathing experience.
The DreamStation BiPAP S/T has a modern design, exceptionally quiet, lightweight, and compact; this BiPAP will surely not disappoint you! The technology, along with the digital tracking DreamMapper App. This allows the device to pair directly with Philips Respironics DreamMapper mobile and its web-based program. The free app will allow users to personalize their data tracking. Not only will this unit enable you to customize your data, but it also empowers users with direct feedback from Performance Check. This helps my users with better troubleshooting and fewer returns. So, all the remote diagnostics will give my users capabilities for their peace of mind. Hurry up and look at what the DreamStation BiPAP S/T can do for your nights' rest!
Pam is available Mon-Thur 7am-12pm CST for a free Consult on this product.
- DreamStation BiPAP S/T Machine
- DreamStation Heated Humidifier
- 15mm Standard Tube
- DreamStation 80W power supply with AC Cord
- SD Data Card
- Filters - 1 Foam Pollen and 1 Ultra Fine
- Users Manual
- Carrying Case
Model is INX1025H19
I really battle to get an answer on this issue