S9 AutoSet is discontinued and replaced by ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
High End Therapeutic CPAP Machine
The S9 AutoSet is ResMed's premier APAP device. The machine, which uses portable SD cards for convenient data access, comes with features that will help you breathe easier at night. The SlimLine Tube provides optimal airflow in a convenient hose, while ResMed's AutoSet and EasyBreathe technology regulate air pressure throughout the night. The S9 Auto will measure every one of your breaths while you sleep, automatically adjusting the device's pressure to compensate for any irregularities.
ResMed's AutoSet algorithm monitors your airflow on a breath by breath basis. Whenever your breathing slows, such as during apneas, AutoSet mildly increases air pressure based on the intensity and length of the episode. These enhancements provide treatment when you need it most, and pressure will gradually subside as your breathing returns to normal. AutoSet serves as a line of defense against snoring, apneas, and other airflow limitations.
The S9 AutoSet comes with a SlimLine tube that measures just 15 mm in diameter, the narrowest hose in the industry. Lightweight and easy to use, the SlimLine tube doesn't compromise on performance.
Expiratory Pressure Relief
ResMed's Expiratory Pressure Relief reduces pressure when you start each breath and keeps pressure low through exhalation. This pressure reduction helps make breathing easier by maintaining pressure changes throughout the night, allowing you to draw each breath a little easier.
Enhanced Data Collection
ResMed makes it easy for you to check your data on all of their S9 machines. Easy to use controls and a well lit display screen let you check all of your information on the device itself, or you can opt to access your data remotely with the removable SD card.
- AutoSet - Monitors airflow on a breath by breath basis providing unparalleled pressure relief
- SlimLine Tubing - 15mm diameter tube reduces tube drag for a lightweight, comfortable feel
- Expiratory Pressure Relief - Reduces pressure at the inception of each breath and keeps pressure low during exhalation
- Enhanced Data Collection - Simple menu enables easy access to data, stored on a removable SD card
- Ramp Feature - Starts pressure at lower levels and gently increases to prescribed levels over a 20min window in 5min increments
- Automatic Altitude Adjustment - Automatically adjusts pressure in varying altitudes
- FAA approved
This is a great device for light sleepers: the Auto's motor emits a soothing, low ambience rumble that won't disturb you or your partner.
ResMed S9 Series: An introduction to the Enhanced Autoset Algorithm
I want to buy the S9 Autoset but I like my tube: is the device compatible with other tube sizes?
Yes. The S9 comes with a 15 mm tube, but is compatible with standard 22 mm tubes.
Can I use a humidifier with this machine?
Yes. All S9 machines are compatible with humidifiers, including ResMed's H5i Heated Humidifier.
© ResMed 2019 Used with Permission.