Removable Dishwasher Safe Humidifier Water Chamber
The Water Chamber for the H4i Heated Humidifier from ResMed is a long lasting replacement piece to help your sleep apnea therapy work smoothly. The standard water chamber must be washed by hand, but this replacement can be washed in a dishwasher, which will save you time.
The water chamber, which has a 390 ml water capacity can be disassembled and put in the dishwasher. While you can wash it by hand if you like, it will get perfectly cleaned in a dishwasher.
H4i Heated Humidifier
The HumidAire H4i Heated Humidifier is compatible with ResMed's line of S8 CPAP machines. It features improved performance and a higher water capacity than the H3i model.
- Easy to Remove
- Dishwasher Safe
- Stainless Steel Dishwasher Plate
- Removable base plate for easy cleaning
- 2-year life
- Similar transparent appearance as the H3i
- Cleanable is not the same as H5i Cleanable water chamber
- Inverted water chamber shows removable base for easy cleaning access
If you opt not to clean your humidifier in a dishwasher, use warm water, a non-abrasive soap, and a soft cloth. Distilled water is best but not necessary.
Cleaning and Filling Your Humidifier's Water Chamber
Inspect the water chamber for wear and deterioration. Replace the water chamber if any component has cracked, become cloudy or pitted. Replace immediately if there is any leaking from the water chamber.
While powder or deposits in the water chamber can be cleaned using a solution of one part vinegar to 10 parts water as follows:
- Wash the water chamber, spill guard, tub plate and tub plate seal in warm water, using a mild detergent. Use the yellow cleaning plug to assist in the cleaing process.
- Rinse thoroughly in clean water and allow them to dry, away from direct sunlight.
To fill the water chamber
- Fill the cleaning plug to the rim with vinegar and pour into empty water chamber.
- Add clean water to the water chamber until the solution reaches the maximum water level mark.
- Let the solution soak for 10 minutes.
- Discard the solution and rinse the water chamber with clean water.
- Open the cover.
- Remove the water chamber.
- Fill with fresh, clean water up to or below the maximum water level mark. Note: The water chamber must be removed from the H4i before it is filled or water may enter the flow generator. The spill guard must also be in place.
- Return the water chamber to the docking station. Note: Ensure that no water is collected between the heater plate and the water chamber.
- close the cover ensuring that it clicks into place.
Is this water chamber compatible with the H3i humidifier?
Yes, but you'll need the H4i Top Cover Lid and Seal to go along with it.
How long do water chambers typically last?
It varies depending on how well you maintain it, but if it's cleaned properly and doesn't break, there's no reason it can't last for a year or two.
How much water does this hold?
390 ml of water.
Also see these items:
© ResMed 2019 Used with Permission.