ResMed S9 CPAP H5i Heated Humidifier w/ Cleanable Water Chamber
Heated Humidifier w/ Washable Water Tub for Advanced Comfort and Hygiene
Providing comfort throughout the night, the ResMed S9 H5i Heated Humidifier was designed to reduce nasal congestion, prevent dry mouth and throat, and add a bonus comfort to your CPAP therapy without sacrificing the performance you receive during CPAP therapy. Compatible with any ResMed S9 CPAP, APAP, BiPAP, or VPAP device, this humidifier is a great add on to your ResMed machine if your CPAP machine is stored in extreme climates where cold weather and condensation can have negative effects on your CPAP therapy.
With its ClimateLine technology the heated humidifier allows for all the parts of your ResMed set up work together with the five ClimateLine sensors to provide superior climate control throughout your CPAP therapy. The tubing has a mask sensor built in to control the temperature of the airflow into the mask at all times, so that the temperature at the mask is the same as the temperature that enters the tube, providing constant relief. The sensors around the humidifier are highly sensitive and can automatically adjust the temperature so that they can monitor the ambient temperatures and adjust accordingly to prevent rain out in the tube and mask.
Dish Washer Safe Water Tub
Very easy to take apart, the ResMed S9 H5i Cleanable Water Tub can be disassembled effortlessly, and is dishwasher safe to provide better hygiene for your CPAP therapy. Regular maintenance of this durable water tub can increase the lifespan, requiring a replacement typically after two years of use. Distilled water is recommended for all CPAP humidifiers to prevent calcium build up, and if you choose to hand wash, warm water with a mild detergent such as baby shampoo works best. Clean and maintain your water tube and all CPAP therapy equipment like tubes and masks regularly.
- Dishwasher Safe Water Tub - Easy to disassemble and quick to clean
- Compatible - Works with any ResMed S9 CPAP Machine
- Climate Control - Provides consistent comfort ignoring ambient conditions
- Convenient -Powered with theraphy device and no separate power cord required
The ResMed S9 H5i humidifier comes with a new warm up feature that allows for you to warm up the humidifier to your preferred temperature before hand so that when you are ready to begin your CPAP therapy the humidifier is already heated up and can provide the maximum and preferred amount of comfort. Navigate your display so that the Humidity Level icon is showing, then preheat the humidifier by holding the push dial down for three seconds. There will be a progress bar that says "Warming Up" that tells you how long until the humidifier reaches the temperature desired.
Disassembly of the Water Tub
What are the benefits of have humidification with your CPAP machine?
Humidifiers are a comfort option for CPAP therapy. While not preferred by everybody, we recommend a humidifier in extreme climates or areas where the air is either cold or wet. Some CPAP users can experience dry mouth, or a dry nasal area, after CPAP use, and humidifiers can help reduce or completely eliminate the discomforts that comes as a side effect of storing your CPAP machine in an area where the ambient temperatures can affect the comfort levels. Humidifiers will not affect the CPAP performance.
What's the best way for extending the life of my tub?
With regular maintenance your tub can last up to two years before it needs to be replaced. This tub can be easily dissembled and put into a dishwasher to help the process, but it is not the only way to extend the life of your water tub. As with any humidifiers and water tubs, distilled water is always recommended over tap water. Tap water can lead to calcium build up, amongst other things, in the tub, while distilled water can help prevent these types of build ups. Tap water is still usable, but it will require you to replace the water tub more frequently.
Is there a simple way for me to check that my H5i heater plate is working properly?
A. Yes. To confirm whether your H5i is functioning properly, complete the following steps:
- Disconnect the ClimateLine™ tubing and remove the water tub.
- While the S9 is NOT running, place your hand on the heater plate to assess the temperature of the H5i heater plate. NOTE: Do NOT place your hand on the heater plate if the H5i has been running within the last 10 minutes—it could still be hot.
- Set the humidifier output to 6.
- Place the unit in warm-up mode and let it run for 1 minute.
- Place your hand above the heater plate (without touching it) to confirm an increase in heater plate temperature. Don’t place your hand directly on the heater plate as it will be hot.
- Press the dial for three seconds to enable cooling down mode.
- Check out this video to get more info on whether your H5i is working properly.
- ResMed S9 Autoset for her
- ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
- ResMed S9 Escape Auto CPAP with Humidifier
- ResMed S9 AutoSet without Humidifier
- ResMed S9 Escape Auto CPAP without Humidifier
- ResMed S9 Elite with EPR without Humidifier
- ResMed S9 Elite with H5i with Humidifier and ClimateLine Tubing
- ResMed S9 VPAP ST with Humidifier and ClimateLine Tubing
- ResMed S9 AutoSet with H5i Humidifier
- ResMed S9 VPAP Adapt
- ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP and H5i Humidifier
- ResMed S9 Escape Auto CPAP
- ResMed S9 Elite with EPR and H5i Humidifier
- ResMed S9 VPAP Auto with H5i Humidifier
- ResMed S9 Escape with EPR and H5i Humidifier
- ResMed S9 VPAP Auto with H5i Humidifier
Also see these items:
Return on warranty issues only.
|Power Consumption||Typical: 70W (80VA) Maximum: 110W (120VA)|
|Water Chamber Capacity||380 mL|
|Maximum Pressure||30 cm H2O|
|Pressure Range||4 to 20 cm H2O|
|Dimensions||6" x 5.7" x 3.4"|
|Weight with Humidifier||3.5 Lbs|
|Warranty||2 years for the Heated Humidifier, 1 year for the Cleanable Water Chamber|
Originally I bought my cpap with out a humidifier and I kept getting the dry mouth. Purchasing this humidifier really help that dry mouth feeling go away.
Perfect! Just what I needed. Thanks this really helped my therapy.