Traveling with CPAP Equipment: Taking Your Gear on the Go
Getting ready for a big trip? You may think that taking your CPAP gear with you will be a big hassle, but the right preparation will save you a lot of trouble. Whether you’re going on a short trek or flying across the world, RespShop can help make travel with a CPAP machine and other sleep apnea equipment practically painless. If you’re looking for a travel-friendly CPAP machine or want to take the one you already own on your next adventure, this guide will help ensure a comfortable, safe night’s rest while you travel.
If you’re taking a road trip or travel regularly, it may be worth your while to invest in a traveling CPAP machine, such as the Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine. This device — and others like it — are small, lightweight and travel-friendly for lengthy flights and drives. You can easily toss it in your carryon bag, glove box or purse without taking up precious suitcase space. These devices are equipped with travel-optimized features, including altitude adjustment and leak compensation technology, to work at their best while on the go.
Quick Tips for Traveling with a CPAP Machine
- Keep your CPAP machine in your carry-on bag
- Place it in a separate bag — such as a large Ziploc bag — for security check-in
- Alert the security agents of your CPAP equipment
- Ensure the humidifier chamber is completely dry and empty before boarding
- Organize all of your equipment and components
- Invest in a battery pack and extension cord to ensure that your CPAP is always powered
- Buy a universal adapter if you’re traveling to a different country